CEMS has marked the 100-year anniversary of chemical engineering in 2019 and will celebrate the 50-year anniversary of materials science in 2020. We will continue to highlight significant achievements of faculty and alumni throughout the centennial and jubilee years. Please consider joining us for these upcoming events (registration will open closer to event dates):
SPRING SEMESTER 2020
CEMS Centennial & Jubilee Lecture Series:
University of Minnesota - Amundson Hall, Room B75
- February 13: Michael Baldea (PhD ChE ’06), UT-Austin
- March 17: David F. Bahr (PhD MSE ’97), Purdue University
- March 19: Matthew J. Panzer (PhD ChE ’07), Tufts University
- March 24: Navneet Kapoor (PhD ChE ’96), A.P. Moller-Maersk
- April 7: Thomas H. Epps III (PhD ChE ’04), University of Delaware
- April 21: William A. Tisdale (PhD ChE ’10), MIT
- April 23: Sundar Ramamurthy (PhD MSE ’96), Applied Materials, Inc.
- April 30: Nancy K. Lape (PhD ChE ’04), Harvey Mudd College
CSE Alumni & Friends Reunion:
Saint Arnold Brewing Company, Investors Pub
- Michele Brekke (Aero ’75, M.S. ’77),
- Alison Cozad (ChE ’09),
- Gary Teletzke (PhD ChE ’83)
More Info: z.umn.edu/Houston2020
CEMS Centennial & Jubilee Public Lecture
“The Impossible Foods Story: Creating a Delicious Global Movement to Save Our Planet” by Nick Halla (ChE ’05), Senior VP, Impossible Foods
Doors: 6:00 p.m. Lecture: 6:30-7:30 p.m.
Coffman Memorial Union Theater, UMN East Bank Campus
More Info: z.umn.edu/cemslecture
CEMS Senior Send-Off and Alumni Reunion:
April 29, 2020
The DQ Club Room at TCF Bank Stadium
Materials Science Symposium & Alumni Reunion:
May 15, 2020
Symposium: 12:45-4:45 p.m.
Alumni Reunion: 5:30-7:30 p.m.
UMN East Bank Campus and Finnegan’s Brewery
More Info: z.umn.edu/mse50